Online Alcohol Drug Class for Teens
Tweens, Teens and Young Adults Benefit from Alcohol Drug Awarness
- 1.0 percent among 12 or 13 year olds
- 6.7 percent among 14 or 15 year olds
- 15.3 percent among 16 or 17 year olds
- 33.3 percent among persons aged 18 to 20
- and peaked among those aged 21 to 25 at 45.5 percent.
- 5,000 young people under the age of 21 die as a result of underage drinking
- 1,900 deaths are from motor vehicle crashes
- 1,600 deaths are from homicides
- 300 from suicide
- Hundreds from other injuries such as falls, burns, and drownings.
Liver Effects—Elevated liver enzymes, indicating some degree of liver damage, have been found in some adolescents who drink alcohol. Young drinkers who are overweight or obese showed elevated liver enzymes even with only moderate levels of drinking.